Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

You Give Me Fever

This week Kaden celebrated his very first Valentine's Day. He made such a cute little Valentine with his heartbreaker shirt & bib. He got all decked out for school with his heartbreaker onesie, bib, some blue jeans from Gramma, and some super cool Robeez shoes from Aunt Kara. He picked out some little Snoopy boxes of chocolates for his teachers, too. He is just such a sweet, thoughtful little guy!

Kaden had a little tiny bit of a tooth break through! He's been teething & has been my little drool monster for such a long time...this week something finally broke through. Last time we were at the doctor the doctor commented that his gums were really swollen and his teeth would likely start popping out soon. And something did pop through, finally! The drooling has not diminished at all, however. I got Kaden some teething biscuits called Baby Mum-Mums. I heard a lot about them at the message board that I frequent on iVillage (I'm a proud member of the August 2008 Honeybees!), so I thought I'd try them out. Not that he can eat them with the tip of a tiny little tooth, but they dissolve in the mouth and he can practice chewing and holding his own little cookie. He tried it out...

but he's not too sure about them yet! We'll have to try again and see if they grow on him.

It's still kind of fun to sit up and play with them, though.

Kaden has had a fever and really bad cough since Friday, and on Sunday his fever was up to 103.5. He hung out at home and didn't do much of anything. A fever isn't going to keep him from watching the IU basketball game with Baba, though! This is the face of a sick baby with a high fever...you can tell in his eyes that he isn't himself, but this kid amazes me that he is still smiling through a fever and a cough that makes it hard to breath. He is definitely more resilient than me!

Since the teething biscuits got a mixed review, we'll just chew on Baba's fingers for a little snack during the game.
While the boys were watching the game, I baked some bread! On Friday night while I was up with a sick baby, I watched The Waitress on tivo (it was a cute movie and DEFINITELY preferable to watching infomercials at 3am). It got me in the mood to bake, but I am not ready for pies like she made in that movie. So I tried my hand at some bread. This is the result and it is pretty good if I may say so! But it is MeMaw's recipe for strawberry bread, so as long as I follow her instructions it's not likely that it will turn out bad. I think I might continue exploring this whole bread baking thing...very Little Miss Suzy Homemaker! It was a sweet (haha) way to end the weekend.
Now we are off to the pediatrician...hopefully they can help me get little man's fever under control- he's just so pitiful!

No comments: