Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Changs vs. RSV: Day 2

Day 2 is just about done and Kaden is sleeping, hopefully for the night. He has had several doses of medicine for that ear infection, so hopefully that will start to feel better. He wasn't too sure about it at first, but by tonight's dose I think he kind of liked it. I'm not so sure what the flavor is, but it is a very unnatural, bright shade of pink. As long as he eats it, I don't care what flavor it is! He also had 4 treatments with the nebulizer today and did pretty good with it. He always acts like he feels a bit better after we do them, so we are thankful for that. If that didn't help him, the alternative is to put him in the hospital. We hope to avoid that and get him better with the nebulizer at home. We have added one new enemy to our battle against RSV: dehydration! His input and output have decreased significantly, so that is something that we are watching very closely. If it doesn't correct itself by tomorrow, I will call our doctors again.

Speaking of doctors, our pediatricians are AWESOME! They are so nice and so good at keeping crazy new moms who don't know what they're doing from freaking out. This morning the doctor that we saw on Monday (there are 2 of them that have the practice together, and I love both of them) called to see how little man did last night, how he was eating, how we were all doing. I thought it was so nice and made me feel better that they were checking in on him...either that or he is REALLY sick and they are scared to tell me...do you see what I mean about how they keep crazy new moms from going over the edge? I'm sticking with them being nice and thorough doctors.

This is Kaden getting his breathing treatment. He is just so pitiful I have to frown every time I look at this. He just sits there like this most of the time when we are doing this. My poor little boy!
Here Mama, let me help you with that...
There's a little bit of a smile. After his 3rd treatment of the day he seemed to feel better and was a bit more smiley and a bit less pitiful for a while. Then it was bed time...bed times are rough when he doesn't feel good...
When he was acting like he felt a bit better, I put him on this little blue mat with the round things over him. He likes to play with the fish that hang down and knows how to make the musical fish play music. Well, I guess he got tired of playing with the fish and wanted to watch General Hospital with Mama. He wiggled himself out from underneath the round things and off the mat so he could see the tv. He can't crawl yet, but between rolling and wiggling he is DEFINITELY moving around!
Hopefully, Day 3 will bring some progress in this battle against RSV...
Good night, and good luck.

No comments: