Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ketchup Dowowowown!

5 Years ago today we lost my Grandpa. I don't think the family has ever quite recovered from it, and I'm not sure if we ever will be like we were. But I think Grandpa would want to see us remembering the good things and having fun in his honor...laughter instead of tears...smiles instead of heavy hearts.

Tonight I am going to go home, sing the silly bear song that Grandpa used to sing to me to Kaden, and maybe dance around the living room with him. Then I'm going to eat anything, as long as I put ketchup on it and at least once yell out "Ketchup dowowowowown!" I'll sit in the rocking chair and read Kaden a book from the bookshelp that Grandpa made. Then I'm going to eat a vanilla ice cream cone from Dairy Queen, just like Grandpa used to get for me. And in the morning, I'll wake my husband up with the good morning song that Grandpa liked to sing that always drives my husband crazy!

These are some of my favorite pics of Grandpa...there are lots more, but these are just a few of the many that show the kind of Grandpa he was and how much he means to so many people.
Grandpa and Mimi
Grandpa and Uncle Mike
Grandpa dancing with Lori
Grandpa playing by the beach with Hannah. We all go to experience that with him at some point, and I'm so glad Hannah got that too!
Grandpa riding horses with Little Michael, who isn't so little anymore!
We miss you Grandpa!

No comments: