Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brand New Year

We have settled back into a routine after the holidays and Kaden started at daycare for the first time. I don't think I will EVER get used to that! Kaden has great teachers, but his favorite (and my favorite because she called me to check up on me!) took a different job and has left already. A new teacher starts next week, so hopefully Kaden will like her as much as his first teacher. If I have to leave him somewhere, I think I've found a good place. It's clean, secure, organized, and the teachers are so involved with the kids. They do lots of floor time, playing with mirrors, talking, and even little crafts. It feels very comfortable and safe there. I just keep telling myself how good it is for Kaden- I just wish I could be there with him playing and taking care of him and teaching him.

On a happier note, Kaden is just learning so much! He is really grabbing stuff, laughing, standing up (supported, of course, not by himself), and playing with toys. He responds to his name in English and Chinese and really responds when you talk with him. He has a toy piano that has a little baby that pops up when you hit the keys. He seems to have figured out that he can make that little guy pop up by hitting the keys because he keeps hitting the keys over and over, then touching that little guy, then hitting the keys some more...over and over again. And there are some really fun songs that get stuck in my head on that toy, like "wiggle, I like to shake and wiggle. Wiggle, kick my feet and wiggle. Wiggle, roll around and wiggle. Come on and wiggle with me." That's a fun one to sing all day at work!

I just can't get enough of this little face!

and he can't get enough of his feet!

The little Rhinos on his feet are so cute

Playing with Elmo and Cookie Monster. He can move himself backwards until he runs into something in this thing, so we already have to be careful & watch him when he's sitting in it.

Passed out on the couch after a hard day playing with his new friends at daycare

More sweet, chubby little baby hands and feet

All greased up with Aquaphor & laughing at a very silly Mama

This is what happens when Baba puts the lotion on him

What? He's busy playing the piano! Why are we bothering him?!?

Sweet, silly boy!

No comments: