Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 12, 2008

34 Weeks in Baltimore


We went to Baltimore, Maryland, today for some good seafood and to hang out by the ocean. We had the BEST crab cakes ever at Lexington Market & then headed over to the inner harbor. Rob had some fresh oysters at the Raw Bar, but I passed on those for now. We didn't go to the National Aquarium (super busy), but we'll be back to check that out. They have a lot of food & shops around there, and it is just a really pretty place to go on an afternoon. There were even some street performers for entertainment.

This week I also had my first experience being hooked up to a fetal monitor. Thursday, the baby was really quiet & I couldn't seem to do anything to get him to move. Later in the afternoon, I felt him wiggle a couple of times, but pretty much nothing all day. I called Rob & he thought we should at least call the doc to see what we should do. After leaving a message for the nurse, she called me back before I could even walk back to my office & told me to come in right then (yea, that freaked me out a bit!) So I went to the office & they hooked me up to the monitor. The monitor has one belt on it that senses baby's movements & uterine contractions while the other belt senses his heartbeat. It spits out a strip of paper with a pattern like an EKG machine...or a seismograph :-)

Woudn't you know it, after a few minutes with those belts on my belly, he started moving all over the place. Apparently he was just being lazy or something, because as soon as we were cramping his style he got busy. Perfect heartbeat & lots of movement, so everything is fine. It just scared us a bit! And probably the worst part was that Rob was in Scranton that day & couldn't even get there. Even though it was the longest I'd spent in the OB's office (1 hour), he was just pulling in to Philly when I was leaving (Scranton is 2 hours away, so it really stinks when he has to work all the way up there). But it's all good, so nothing to worry about!









More pics from Baltimore




Really looking pregnant now!






My turn to try out the new camera




The 3 of us :-)
Have to get a side shot in there of the belly at 34 weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who the heck is lonely paul?!?
Anyway, I LOVE the new pics...and so does Gramma!
Love you guys!!

Jenny B said...

hey...i understand the fetal monitoring belts....bleah...i had them on for hours and hours on end with the quads....and each one had their own there was hardly room on my belly to put them all. I'm glad everything was ok! you're soo cute with that belly! it's almost over! remember to take lots of pictures because you will forget how big you were:)
love you

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen-y, it's great to see pictures of you pregnant, you're gorgeous !!!! I love the name Kaden, it's really nice !! Can't wait for baby chang to come out...I guess you too !!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you,

RebeccA